Recipe by **Mandy**
I found this in a Take 5 Ingredients Book. I thought the frankfurts were a strange addition but they're great on this.
Top Review by kiwidutch
5 Stars! Mostly because I'm not normally a pizza fan, and nor are the family, but this was a hit and DD especially liked it too.(anyone with fussy children will totally understand how many brownie points a recipe earns when this happens LOL) DD helped make them as well... Little brother DS tried hard to help but got side tracked into stuffing himself with salami instead, good intentions little man... LOL. I had on hand.. a very small amount of portuguese chorizo sausage, large rounds of salami and 2 cooked rookworsts ( = large smoked sausages, similar-ish to frankfurters), the pizza bases came from Ecoplaza (totally organic grocery) it's the first time I tried these and they taste great! DD smeared the tomato sauce onto the bases, and put the meat onto one while I did the other, and she got busy adding the cheese, rather like a blizzard of the stuff then a dusting, but oh well that's kids in the kitchen for you LOL. We also added a little green pepper and these cooked up in no time. Please see my rating system: 5 stars for using leftover meats successfully, WITH organic bases successfully, for letting DD loose in the kitchen and having fun AND getting her to happily eat the end result. For me it was simple to make and the 2 pizzas did us great for a weekday meal in a bit of a rush. We will definiately be visiting this recipe again ! Thanks!
- 30 cm pizza crusts, with
- tomato sauce
- 1 cup pizza cheese, grated
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 125 g cocktail franks, sliced
- 60 -100 g smoked ham, shredded
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pizza base on a lightly greased oven tray, top with half the cheese & then sliced meats and ham followed by remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200.C for approx 15 mins or until base is crisp & top is golden.
- Remove from oven & drizzle with barbeque sauce to serve.