Recipe by bitterman
This is a great way to serve your meatloaves with a nice creamy mushroom sauce.
Top Review by Queen uh Cuisine
I made this recipe for PAC Spring 2007. It was so moist, flavorfull and just absolutly delish!!!!! I did make one change to the recipe. I used "Lipton's", "Savory Herb with Garlic", soup mix instead of the "Dry Vegtable" soup mix which I couldn't find. I will for sure make this whenever meatloaf is a request :) Thanks!! "Queen uh Cuisine"
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms, coarsley chopped
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dry vegetable soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces about 3 cups fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine beef,mushrooms, vegetable soup mix, bread crumbs, milk and egg until well combined.
- Form into two loaves, 7 x 5-inches each.
- Place loaves in a shallow baking pan with rack.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Mushroom Sauce:.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add mushrooms and onion.
- Cook and stir over moderate heat until mushrooms are golden, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in beef broth and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into mushroom mixture in skillet.
- Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.