1 hr 30 mins
adopt a greyhound's Note:
This recipe came from Food Network. I have made it several times and my DH said it gets better every time. I have changed a few things to our liking. I serve it with garlic mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup toasted dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin
- 12 ounces pork sausage
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (or more)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons chicken base, dissolved in
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (or more)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large skillet, add oil, butter.
- 3Add onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and cook on med.
- 4until the onions are tender about 10 minute Let this mixture cool.
- 5In a large bowl, add the bread crumbs, onion mixture, meats, cheese and Worcestershire sauce.
- 6Toss and mix gently.
- 7Don't over handle.
- 8Add the beaten eggs and stir to coat the meat.
- 9Transfer to a foil lined jelly roll pan and press into a long log.
- 10Bake at 350°F for approximately 45 minutes.
- 11Check about 10 minutes before to see if an instant read thermometer reads 160°F.
- 12Tent the meatloaf and let rest 15 minute While the meatloaf is cooking.
- 13In a large skillet, add the olive oil, and butter.
- 14Add the onions, garlic and oregano and cook over medium heat about 6 minutes.
- 15Add the tomato paste and bay leaf.
- 16Stir until you can smell the garlic about 3 minute.
- 17Add the chicken broth and diced tomatoes.
- 18Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce to a simmer and cook the sauce until thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
- 19Add the Parmesan cheese, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 20Be sure to remove the bay leaf.
- 21After the meatloaf has rested, top the meatloaf with the gravy.
- 22Cut into serving slices and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatloaf With Tomato Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 771.0
- Calories from Fat 496
- Total Fat 55.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 241.1 mg
- Sodium 2152.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 46.6 g