Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 lb) can sweet potato
- 1 cup molasses or 1 cup dark corn
- cracker crumb, crushed
- 3 -4 slices bacon
- Mix ground beef, salt, egg, 1/2 cup cracker crumbs, onion, green pepper and tomato sauce. Shape into loaf and place in oblong baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes in 350 degrees oven.
- Drain sweet potatoes and pour molasses over them.
- Roll each potato in crushed cracker crumbs.
- Arrange around meat loaf and place bacon on top of loaf.
- Return to oven and bake additional 20 to 30 minutes.