Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I made this last night and it turned out wonderful. My niece loved it and asked for the recipe..I have her cooking now. She is 12 and helps out allot.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 large carrots, chopped finely
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in a large bowl.
- Then place meatloaf in a greased baking pan.
- Bake 70 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from oven and top with mozzarella cheese, return to oven for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.