Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a good classic meatloaf.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 sweet onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and put the pan you will cook your meatloaf in, into the oven to heat.
- Melt butter in bowl then mix in water, salt, and pepper.
- when mixed, then add the rest of the ingredients except for the ketchup and onion.
- Spray nonstick spray in baking pan.
- Form into meatloaf shape and place in pan.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- While baking, go ahead and sautee the onion in a little butter in a skillet then set aside.
- Remove from oven and cut into slices then add ketchup to the desired amount and top with onions.
- Pop back in oven for 10-15 minutes and then serve.
Great meatloaf.....we covered half with bbq sauce and half with ketchup...totally delicious.... and the leftovers were every bit as good too...!!<br/>Another winner from your stable of recipes....thank you.<br/>Made for PRMR.
This makes a very tasty basic meatloaf, exactly what my DH enjoy's. I did swap out the ketchup for BBQ sauce and cut back on the amount to make two mini meatloaves. 20 mins in the nu-wave and they were done perfectly without firing up the big oven and heating up the kitchen. It was a winner here.
This was a lovely quick and easy meatloaf to put together. We really enjoyed this tasty dish. It was wonderful served with mashed potatoes, green beans and cornbread. The onions really make the dish pop. Thanks for sharing your recipe nochlo.