Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here's a slightly different twist to meatloaf, especially if you like a fruity flavor!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I made this for my DS as a take-home meal, I had a bit of problems rolling up the meat mixture, I might use dry breadcrumbs next time in place of the soft, I think that would have made the rolling easier, I also did some amount adjustments, all in all this got 2 thumbs up from my DS! thanks for sharing Syd...Kitten
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground lean pork
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine beef, pork, eggs, bread crumbs, salt & pepper & mixe well.
- On a large piece of heavy duty foil, spread the meat mixture into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Thoroughly mix the remaining ingredients & spread this fruit mixture over the meat mixture.
- Roll up the meat & filling like a jellyroll, then bring the foil up & over the loaf, sealing it well on the top & sides.
- Bake for 30 minutes on a baking sheet, then open the foil to brown, baking the loaf another 30 minutes.