Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Source: Bon Appetit November 2000
- 88.74 ml sour cream
- 36.97 ml fresh dill, chopped
- 19.71 ml Dijon mustard
- 141.74 g lean ground beef
- 141.74 g ground pork
- 158.51 ml fresh rye breadcrumbs, made from crustless rye bread
- 78.07 ml onion, chopped
- 1.23 ml ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Stir 4 tablespoons sour cream, 1 tablespoon dill and 1 teaspoon mustard in small bowl for sauce.
- Combine beef, pork, breadcrumbs, onion and allspice in large bowl.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons sour cream, 1 1/2 tablespoons dill and 3 teaspoons mustard and blend well.
- Shape mixture into 4 oval loaves, each about 3/4 inch thick.
- Place loaves on baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve meat loaves with sauce.
Really liked the sauce, I just had a little and it was great. I made muffin meatloaves and they are great to freeze for another meal. I used ground chicken and ground pork and followed the recipe the rest of the way.
The sauce was great for a change of pace. I made these in individual loaf pans. They come in very handy.
What a terrific recipe-so easy and so tasty. I doubled it so we'd have leftovers tomorrow. I can't wait for tomorrow. I followed the recipe exactly, but next time, I think I'll add in some diced dill pickle to the meat mix for a bit of crunch. I made these in a friand mold and used my own home grown dill.