1 hr 10 mins
Chef #400783aka pat's Note:
For a while now a long while I have wanted meatloaf--ketchup glazed meatloaf, but not a dried dense overcooked one. These days we eat less red meat, but once in a while you need to feed your soul. This uses low sodium saltine crackers soaked with the milk so it is a moist light loaf, with the egg whites lightly beaten. Also cooked on broiler pan from toaster oven that died--kept the pan so fat drained away.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs meatloaf mixture (veal, beef, pork)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium crackers, crushed this was about 8 to 10
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, whited lightly beaten
for the glaze
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In large bowl mix crackers with milk. Let this sit a couple of minutes and then mix the rest in and shape into a loaf.
- 3Spray the rack or broiler pan with spray. You want to drain away the fat.
- 4Bake 1 1/4 hrs.
- 5In small bowl combine the glaze ingredients. I put it on after the meatloaf browns, then again right before finishing.
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatloaf With Ketchup Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.5
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 444.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: