Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Want some great comfort food and not blow your diet? This will rock your world.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Hunts tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 -3 Splenda quick packs
- 2 lbs ground beef (mix and match if you'd like) or 2 lbs turkey (mix and match if you'd like)
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- First prepare the ketchup as it will be needed in the meatloaf. Mix all ketchup ingredients in a plastic bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all meatloaf ingredients in a bowl with only 1/2 of ketchup.
- Place in loaf pan with remaining ketchup on top of loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Makes 9 slices.
- Leftovers can be frozen, if there are any. lol.
The flavor is awesome...but the directions need some help...this really needs to cook for at least 1 to 1 1/2 hours...and the Ketchup (which is delicious) is way to much...with that said...I cooked the meatloaf for 1 1/2 hours and used about 15oz of ketchup for the meatloaf...it still wasn't a "loaf" but just a bunch of yummy stuff...I plan to use the rest for a Mexican dish later in the week. Made for Fall PAC 2011
Thanks so much for posting this! I made your ketchup as stated and used two egg whites vs the one egg for the meatloaf. I used 1c of ketchup for the mix and topped the loaf with another cup. I also added a tsp of crushed bay leaves and chili flakes because I like things spicy. I cooked this for 2 hours at 350 and I was able to get perfect slices, not crumbles.