Recipe by Panamanian-Canadian angel
I didn't have enough ground beef to make a whole meat loaf, so I made it with half ground lamb and half extra lean ground beef. It turned out to be the most flavourful and juicy meatloaf I have ever made!
Top Review by henryclay
Excellent! Great flavor. I sauted the vegetables & herbs first & while they cooled I mixed eveything else in my stand mixer and then I threw the onion mixture in and gave it a whirl. I then put in the dough hook and added the meat and let the mixer blend everything. Look forward to sandwiches tomorrow.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup or 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion, garlic, thyme, and basil in the olive oil until the onion is soft and almost golden. Take the skillet off the heat and let the mix cool slightly.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat. Add the breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Add the ground meats and your cooled onion, garlic, and herbs.
- Add the worcestershire sauce and ketchup (or tomato paste).
- Mix everything together and place in a greased loaf pan. Make sure you pack it down tightly.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes. Drain the fat and serve!