Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
DH loves to make this meatloaf. It's so tasty and the next days sandwiches are even better!
- 3 slices soft bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 slices soft bread, torn into pieces
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese (We have only used the cheddar) or 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (We have only used the cheddar)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Stir together bread& milk Mix in remaining ingredients except filling Pat one half of meat mixture into greased loaf pan Cover with Cheese Filling Top with remaining meat mixture Bake 1 hr 30 minute.
- To Make Cheese Filling: Combine egg white& water Toss lightly with bread& cheese.
MMM! I made this tonight with just a few small changes...didnt have celery salt so used celery seed and for the filling thought 1 slice of bread was enough. Used wheat bread as thats what I had on hand. My 3 yr old and I really liked this, especially the filling! Cant wait to make meatloaf sandwiches for lunch tomorrow!:) Thanks Boca Pat!
This has been one of my favorite meat loaf recipes for years. I had planned to post it myself, but found it was here! I often will use just beef instead of the meat mixture, but have done both, and find it's great either way. My personal favorite is the bleu cheese filling. Thanks Boca Pat!