Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A fun surprise that adds something to plain old meat loaf.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup spicy tomato juice
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 black pepper
Inside meat loaf
- 1⁄4 lb sliced deli ham
- 1⁄4 lb sliced swiss cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients listed under"main loaf".
- Press out into a rectangle shape that is no wider than the loaf pan you will be using.
- Do this on a piece of wax paper.
- Lay ham slices and then swiss cheese on top of ground beef mixture.
- Roll meat loaf like a jelly roll (the ham and cheese will look like a swirl in center of the loaf- thus the name"with a twist").
- Place meat loaf in bread pan and cook for 1 hour or 165 degrees internal temperature.
- Let stand 10 minutes, slice and serve.