Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
Here's a great way to dress up an ordinary dish. The crust adds another layer of taste and it is dressy enough to serve guests.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup gravy, bread cubes, onion, egg and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove loaf from pan; drain on paper towels. Place on a greased 14x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Unroll crescent roll dough; seal perforations. Cover the top and sides of meatloaf with the dough; trim excess.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until pastry is golden brown.
- Heat the remaining gravy; serve with meatloaf.
Great meatloaf. This is easy to make and a good meal when company's coming.