Recipe by Got Milk?
I different twist to the "same old" meatloaf. I friend from work gave this to me. I make it about every other month. I nice change from the ordinary!
Top Review by kailin99
Very good! Everyone loved it. I adjusted the receipe somewhat--I did not usethe gravy itself in the meatloaf--just on the side with the mashed. I instead used about a 1/4 cup of heinz 57 steak sauce to give it a bit more zing and keep it moist. I also used the same measurements to make 8 small individual meatloaves, and it took 2 packages of crescent rolls to fully cover each. But they were really very very good!
- 1⁄2 cup gravy (1 1/2oz Beef Gravy, save remaining gravy)
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all the ingredients together and put in a meatloaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until done.
- Let cool for 10 minutes or so then dump out onto a plate or cookie sheet. Wrap a towel around it to drain excess grease off.
- Once done wrap crescent rolls around meatloaf and place back in oven on a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Pour rest of gravy over top and serve. Enjoy! (I let everyone put their own gravy on it).