Recipe by kandee_roses
I got this from Taste of Home Magazine. I love Beef Wellington but at times my budget can not afford it. This is a wonderful dish and can be impressive for a Sunday Dinner. I usually serve this with green bean almondine. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef gravy, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups day old bread cubes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/4 cup gravy, bread cubes, onion, egg, and seasonings.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 9-inch x 5-inch x 3-in loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and meat thermoeter reads 160 degrees.
- Remove loaf from pan, drain on towels.
- Place on a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan.
- Unroll crescent roll dough; seal perforations.
- Cover the top and sides of meat loaf with dough.
- Trim excess.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Heat remaining gravy and serve with meatloaf.