Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Meatloaf enrobed in pastry, modified from CIRCLE OF FRIENDS COOKBOOK - 25 MEATLOAF RECIPES. I made this for Christmas 2011, due to a variety of dietary/allergy restrictions of those at my table, and it received rave reviews. I wish I thought to take a photo of it when it came out of the oven - it was beautiful, and looked almost like a turtle. I used the plain sheet of dough, rather than the perforated-for-crescents dough. I served it with mashed potatoes and a chopped salad.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup gravy, bread cubes, egg, onion, and salt.
- Add ground meats; blend well. Pat into a greased 9"x5" loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered at 375F for 1 hour.
- Remove loaf from pan; drain well and place on a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan.
- Unroll crescent rolls; seal perforations.
- Cover top and sides of meatloaf with dough; trim excess (or tuck under - I forgot to trim when I prepped it).
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes, until golden.
- Warm remaining gravy and serve with meatloaf.