Recipe by me2006
There are oh-so-many meatloaf recipes here, and I know that I will only ingratiate myself further by adding another one. No? Then consider it done for record-keeping purposes. Admittedly, the ingredients in the sweet and sour sauce seem less than appealing, but the end result is wonderful.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
Excellent recipe for meatloaf! I made it exactly as written except I added sweet red peppers and pineapple chunks to the sauce. It turned out wonderfully and held together great. Thanks for posting!
sweet and sour sauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef (I'm not picky about quantity)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 -2 tablespoon meatloaf seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the sauce: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer gently to thicken.
- For the meatloaf: Mix all ingredients together and place into a greased bread pan.
- Pour two-three tbps of sweet and sour sauce over meatloaf and bake at 375 for 1 hour.