1 hr 10 mins
This adds a upbeat taste to a traditional dinner. Goes great with mashed potatoes and green beans. Nice for a weekend dinner! Great tip: Freeze or refrigerate leftovers to make meat loaf sandwiches for lunch or a snack. They are great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start out with a large mixing bowl.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Chop 1/2 onion and place in mixing bowl.
- 4Chop 1/2 green pepper and place in mixing bowl.
- 5Add ground round, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, French Onion Soup mix, egg into the mixing bowl.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Add 1/2 bottle of barbecue sauce to the mixture and mix well.
- 8Form the mixture into a square or loaf. (I usually form it to the pan I am using).
- 9Slice the remaining onion and green peppers and arrange on top of loaf.
- 10Pour 1/4 of the remaining barbecue sauce on the top of the loaf. (I usually make a letter "M" with the sauce--it makes it look pretty).
- 11Place in oven.
- 12Take it out of oven in 1/2 hour and pour the remainder of the barbecue sauce on top.
- 13Let cook for another 1/2 hour.
- 14Check for doneness.
- 15I like mine well done.
- 16Adjust cooking time to your liking.
- 17Serve immediately.
- 18Great with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatloaf Twist
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.2
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 169.2 mg
- Sodium 1984.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 32.4 g