Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup banana, Mashed (2 large ripe bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons onions, Chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the bacon and marmalade, together.
- Spread the mixture in an ungreased loaf pan, 9 X 5 X 3-inches.
- Crisscross the bacon slices on the top of the meat mixture and spread the marmalade over the whole thing.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Drain off the excess fat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- NOTE: The bananas add a unique, almost mysterious flavor and a special moistness to this elegant meat loaf.
this is very tasty have made it several times and well worth the try bananas make it moist.