11 hrs 5 mins
Jen T's Note:
This is a great way to make a meat loaf...no pans or utensils to worry about washing. Use an oven bag without holes in it. Another from my 'trusty' old (1970's) Alison Holst Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure cornflakes and milk into the roasting bag.
- 2Add egg, beef and stock powder and mix ingredients by kneading the bag carefully.
- 3When well mixed shake mixture down to bottom of bag and shape into a roll.
- 4Sit bag into a loaf tin or baking dish to help keep its shape.
- 5Tie loosely, leaving a finger size hole for steam to escape during cooking.
- 6Bake at 350'F/180'C for 1-11/4 hours.
- 7Drain liquid from loaf and serve either hot or cold.
- 9Other things can be added to taste, such as finely chopped onion or finely chopped parsley.
- 10Put clean dish back in cupbaord:).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatloaf the Lazy Way
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 156.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 136.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 91.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g