Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I cannot remember where this recipe came from, but it couldn't be easier to throw together for dinner on a hectic weekday. I like to add some spices to mine, and next time I intend to toss in some chopped onions and green peppers (I considered jalepenos as well). Tell your kids it's a hamburger and cheese tots all-in-one.
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 can campbell condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 package ore-ida frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine first six ingredients and mix well.
- Add ground beef, completely combining mixture.
- Spread evenly in a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Top with a single layer of tater tots (you may have a few left over).
- Pour cheddar cheese soup over the tater tots.
- (stirring the soup with a spoon as you pour makes it come out of the can a little easier).
- Bake for one hour.
- Fabulous with ketchup.