Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy meatloaf patties from my mother-in-law's recipe book!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 slice dry bread, crumbed
- 6 medium new potatoes (peeled and sliced thin)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons onion powder (divided)
- Beat egg, salt, pepper, bar-b-que sauce and 1 tsp onion powder. Mix well.
- Add bread crumbs then ground meat. (Use your hands to mix well.)
- Form small patties and roll in flour.
- Spray a large skillet with non stick spray and enough cooking oil to brown both sides of patties.
- Remove patties from skillet.
- Mix ketchup, water, onion powder, and pepper and carefully pour into skillet.
- Arrange potatoes in layers making sure they are covered with liquid (add more water if needed).
- Place meat patties on top.
- Cover and cook at low heat until potatoes are tender. (about 20 minutes)
- After 10 minutes of cooking time, gently stir.
- To thicken liquid cook uncovered on higher heat for about 5 minutes.