Recipe by Anna S.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. A delicious meatloaf made with Simply Potatoes Hash Browns, Spinach and sharp cheddar cheese. I created it myself as a dish I could prepare in advance for freezing for those busy days that leave me with very little time for food prepping.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach, do not pack
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground beef, egg, onion, garlic, salt and pepper together. Spread mixture onto wax paper and flatten to about 1/2 inch thick. Spread spinach, cheese and Simply Potatoes Hash Browns on top. Gently roll it into a log form using the wax paper. Pinch the ends and gently pressed down on the long seam to seal it. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Baste with hickory flavored BBQ sauce and bake for 10 minutes more or until desired browning is achieved of the sauce.