Recipe by Sierra Silver
Sure, we all love meatloaf sandwiches, but leftover meatloaf is even better here.
- 3⁄4-1 lb prepared meatloaf, cubed (any kind will do, including poultry and pork)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups beef broth or 2 cups stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grill seasoning (whichever you like)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, garlic, and mushrooms in olive oil for 7-10 minutes, or until mushrooms release most of their water; drain.
- Whisk together soup and 1 3/4 cups of the beef broth over medium heat; set aside remaining broth and combine with cornstarch.
- Add mushroom and onion mixture to soup. Add meatloaf to mixture; bring to a simmer.
- Add cornstarch slurry, grill seasoning, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.
- Before serving, add sour cream to meatloaf mixture; heat until warm, but do not allow sour cream to curdle.
- Serve over warm egg noodles.