1 hr 15 mins
This was an inspired thought that sometimes happens when you think you are going to make one meal...everyone says they don't want it and magically it turns into something else..much better than the original plan! This was my fast meatloaf solution turned into spaghetti sauce. It's fun to play with and may evolve into something else if you don't watch out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 medium onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (optional)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce (I use Hunts)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- salt, to taste
- red pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1Mush up your ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, basil and onion and garlic as if you were making a meatloaf. When its mixed well, stop, don't put it in the loaf pan!
- 2In a large pot, drop your meatloaf mixture in and brown it, stirring constantly and making sure your onions are translucent when you are done.
- 3Dump in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, and mushrooms.
- 4Add red pepper if desired
- 5Simmer until all the flavors are blended.
- 6Taste. Add more red pepper and salt if desired.
- 7Enjoy over pasta.
- 8Note: This freezes well. Place in a rigid container and freeze.
- 9To reheat: Thaw and microwave or put in a sauce pan to heat through.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatloaf Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.6
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 130.1 mg
- Sodium 1367.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: