Recipe by Tish
This was an inspired thought that sometimes happens when you think you are going to make one meal...everyone says they don't want it and magically it turns into something else..much better than the original plan! This was my fast meatloaf solution turned into spaghetti sauce. It's fun to play with and may evolve into something else if you don't watch out!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 medium onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (optional)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce (I use Hunts)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- salt, to taste
- red pepper, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mush up your ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, basil and onion and garlic as if you were making a meatloaf. When its mixed well, stop, don't put it in the loaf pan!
- In a large pot, drop your meatloaf mixture in and brown it, stirring constantly and making sure your onions are translucent when you are done.
- Dump in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, and mushrooms.
- Add red pepper if desired
- Simmer until all the flavors are blended.
- Taste. Add more red pepper and salt if desired.
- Enjoy over pasta.
- Note: This freezes well. Place in a rigid container and freeze.
- To reheat: Thaw and microwave or put in a sauce pan to heat through.