Recipe by Chabear01
This is out of Taste Of Home Leftovers Makeovers magazine. A great way to use up left over Green Pepper Meatloaf and a wonderfully easy meal that can be pretty much prepared ahead of time, refrigerated overnight, popped in the oven when you get home from work, and voila dinner is ready.
Top Review by invictus
This recipe is so good! We had leftover meatloaf from the night before and I wanted to transform it somehow. I used Recipe #187128 for the beef gravy and frozen mixed vegetables in place of the canned corn. I had everything I needed on hand and my small family ate every last bite!
- 5 slices cooked meatloaf
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 cups warm mashed potatoes, prepared with milk and butter
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place meat loaf slices in a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Cover with gravy; top with corn.
- Combine potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream and onion.
- Spread potato mixture over corn.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.