Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is out of Taste Of Home Leftovers Makeovers magazine. A great way to use up left over Green Pepper Meatloaf and a wonderfully easy meal that can be pretty much prepared ahead of time, refrigerated overnight, popped in the oven when you get home from work, and voila dinner is ready.
- Place meat loaf slices in a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Cover with gravy; top with corn.
- Combine potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream and onion.
- Spread potato mixture over corn.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
This recipe is so good! We had leftover meatloaf from the night before and I wanted to transform it somehow. I used Beef Gravy for the beef gravy and frozen mixed vegetables in place of the canned corn. I had everything I needed on hand and my small family ate every last bite!
FALL PAC 2009: Excellent way to use up the leftovers of the Green Pepper Meatloaf - which was awesome too!
I needed a quick way to doctor up meatloaf and since I love shepherd's pie this sounded good! I made the gravy (using a pkg. Swedish cream sauce that I added some beef base to. Dinner needed to be on the table fast so I micro. the meat, added the potatoes and broiled. This made for a rich shepherd's pie and the whole family (two kids) cleaned their plates without a fuss, so I'll definitely make again. Thanks Chabear, for posting.