Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
If you like mexican and meatloaf you will surely like this recipe. I haven't tried it but plan on cooking it today. I got this recipe out of The Fix-it and Forget-it cook book.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 ounces of an 8 oz. jar salsa
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 12 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients, except half of the taco seasoning.
- Mix well. Shape into loaf and place in slow cooker. Sprinkle with remaining taco seasoning.
- Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours.
This meatloaf was easy to make. Since I've never made meatloaf in the crockpot I was glad to see that it worked well. But for my family, I think we'll stick to a more traditional meatloaf recipie.
This was delicious! I made it with low fat mexican cheese blend cheese. Trader Joes sells frozen roasted corn which was a wonderful accompaniement with mashed potatoes. This is a keeper.
i have the same cookbook and have made the meatloaf several times. i leave a tortilla out overnight and make crumbs from it instead of using bread crumbs. i also substitute low sodium taco seasoning and low fat mexican blend cheese.