Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is not a recipe that I have actually tried yet, though it sounds quite yummy! Posting in response to a request.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli (or leaf spinach)
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs (1-2 slices)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package smoked sliced ham
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese, each 3 x 3 inches,cut diagonally into halves (optional)
- Rinse frozen broccoli under running cold water to separate, drain.
- Mix hamburger,eggs, breadcrumbs, ketchup, milk, 1/2 tsp.
- salt, pepper& oregano.
- Pat hamburger mixture into a rectangle, 12x10 inches, on a piece of aluminum foil, 18x15 inches.
- Arrange broccoli on hamburger mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges;sprinkle with 1 tsp.
- Arrrange ham on broccoli.
- Roll up rectangle carefully beginning at 10 inch side and using foil to lift.
- Press edges and ends to seal.
- Place on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Cook uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/4 hrs.
- Overlap cheese on top;cook until cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute longer.
- *Centerof roll may be slightly pink due to the ham.
- Garnish with celery leaves if desired.
I've been using this recipe for years. My family always requests it. Very, very yummy! Do use the cheese on top, it's a nice touch. :-)