Recipe by Justin-kun
For some reason I had a dream about this and voila it came to be! It is a take on the classic Meatloaf.
For the Ravioli
- 1 (10 ounce) package wonton wrappers (or any pasta shell)
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
For the sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- First, mix all the sauce ingredients and let simmer while you work on the ravioli.
- Salt a pot of water and then turn to high so it can boil.
- While you are wating for it to boil, mix all the meatloaf ingredients other than wonton wrappers.
- Take a sheet of wonton a put about a tablespoon or less of the mixture in it.
- Wet the edges around the wonton with water and then fold into a triangle.
- Using a fork seal the edges of the ravioli and it also adds a design. Repeat with all.
- Once the water begins to boil, add the wontons and cook till the wonton shell is done and so is the beef. Then in a small pan with butter or oil, fry them to give them a crispy outside but make sure they dont stick!
- Plate the raviolis and then put some sauce on top. Serve with a salad if desired.