Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
Well guys, here's yet another recipe I came up with using leftover meatloaf. I wanted to make something different besides the usual sandwich, and I also had some salsa to use. Here is the result. Submitted to "ZAAR" on October 23rd, 2007.
Top Review by AuntWoofieWoof
Original review April 14, 2008. Edited Sept 22, 2008 to put stars on it. This was good! So easy to make. I made it with leftover Recipe #234128 for lunch today. I love quesadillas. I will be making this again next time I make meatloaf. Thanks for sharing your recipe Shapeweaver!! Made for PAC Spring '08. Original
- 2 (6 inch) tortillas, warmed
- 2 tablespoons salsa, divided (Chef's choice of heat level)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped leftover meatloaf, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mexican cheese, divided
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium sized non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Prepare tortillas in this order,lay tortillas on flat surface,spread 1 Tablespoon of salsa on half of tortilla, place half of meatloaf over salsa, top with half of cheese.
- Fold other half of tortilla over cheese.
- Repeat with rest of the ingredients for other tortilla.
- Place both in skillet and lightly brown on both sides,about 10 minutes total, or until desired brownness is reached.
- Cut each in half; eat and enjoy.