1/4 Photos of Meatloaf Pie
Catherine Robson's Note:
Simple and tasty. Uses ingredients I always keep in the pantry. Perfect cold as finger food for a picnic lunch or hot with vegetable for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (40 g) packet French onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (or 1 Tablespoon Tomato sauce & 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 800 g ground beef (lean)
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg (lightly beaten to glaze)
- 1In a bowl, place bread crumbs, milk, French onion soup mix, barbeque sauce, parsley, thyme and nutmeg. Mix well and leave for 5 minutes.
- 2Add lean ground beef to the mixture and mix lightly until well combined.
- 3Place 1 sheet of pastry on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- 4Spread filling evenly on top leaving a 4cm ( 1-1/2 inch) border of pastry.
- 5Moisten pastry edges with water; place 2nd piece of pastry on top.
- 6Seal the edges with a fork.
- 7Brush top of pastry lightly with beaten egg.
- 8Bake at 200 Celcius (392 degrees Fahrenheit) for 40 minutes until golden.
- 9Serve hot or cold cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatloaf Pie
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 814.6
- Calories from Fat 478
- Total Fat 53.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 124.5 mg
- Sodium 936.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 33.8 g