Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
An Italian version of meatloaf. This is delicious served with a side of hot cooked pasta.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1 small onion, grated (1/3 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line jelly roll pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- In bowl, mix beef, eggs, 1/2 cup pizza sauce, onion, breadcrumbs, Parmesan and parsley.
- Place mixture on pan; shape into 8x4 inch loaf.
- Bake until meat thermometer inserted into center registers 160 degrees F, about 55 minutes.
- Spread remaining pizza sauce over meatloaf; sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- If desired, serve with pasta and garnish with parsley sprigs.
Wasn't quite sure about the pizza sauce, but this was really, really good and definitely still meatloaf but with a nice change of pace. Great recipe. Thanks for sharing it.
Followed your recipe right on down & had a great tasting meatloaf as a result! We particularly enjoyed the cheeses that were included here as well as the sauce ~ Very, very nice! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]
Thanks for the recipe, we love it!