Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to cook meatloaf when its too hot in the summer to turn on the oven. Great with a side of grilled veggies.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat and outdoor grill for medium heat.
- In a large bowl, using your hands, mix together all ingredients.
- Be careful not to over-mix as the meatloaf will be a little tough.
- Pat evenly into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Place the pie plate onto a cookie sheet and then place onto the grill grate.
- Close the lid, and cook for 30-45 minutes, until no longer pink.
- (The meat cooks faster on the grill than in the oven.).
I added some of my own extra spices and seasonings but this was great and wrked well onthe grill. It was very tasty and my husband requested it again!
This was a really fun recipe to make! I thought the italian seasoning and basil were a nice addition, as were the fresh, sliced mushrooms!! It took on a bit of a smoked flavor and did indeed cook much faster on the grill. It was a bit on the dry side, and if I make this again, I will add a glaze to the top to help compensate. And, if not concerned with "leanness", might switch the ground turkey for beef. Thank you for a really fun recipe!!