Recipe by knitaholic
What could be better than grilling meatloaf and keeping your kitchen cool ? This comes together quickly and tastes great !
Top Review by Michelle S.
I can't believe I ran out of gas 5 minutes into cooking this!!! I finished it off in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. I subbed ground lamb for the ground pork (worked GREAT!!!) and added some garlic (cannot cook without it!). The texture of this meatloaf is awesome and the flavor as well!! Leftovers make an amazing sandwich too. My meatloaf loving daughter said I MUST make this again, and let's try the grill next time! Smarty!!!
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add ground meat and mix well.
- Shape into 2 loaves; place each loaf in a disposable 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Cover loaf pans with foil.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sauce ingredients.
- Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over meat loaves before serving.