Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Hubby kept bugging me to make meatloaf. I've never really liked meatloaf but decided to give it a try. I started searching recipes but couldn't find one that sounded good, so I decided to take the parts that sounded good from each recipe and make my own. Hubby really liked it and said to make sure I wrote down how I made it so I can make it again. It can be a little salty so feel free to use reduced sodium stuffing mix.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 lb mild sausage (I used a bulk sausage we get at a local grocer)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup packaged seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- Mix all of the ingrediants together except bacon.
- Form into a loaf place bacon on top and bake at 350º for about 1 1/2 hours, I used a probe thermometer so I'm not sure on the time just make sure it reaches 160º.
This was fantastic! A nice change to my regular meatloaf. Everyone one enjoyed it! I look forward to making this again and again! Great Recipe!!!
My family all enjoyed this meatloaf. It was moist and flavorful and held together well when sliced. I had to use turkey sausage but that was the only change I made. It makes excellent cold sandwiches too with some mayo and hot mustard. I will be using this recipe again. Thanks