Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a really great, different way to serve meatloaf and the flavors are really great! I got this from Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals. We really loved it!
- 1 2⁄3-1 3⁄4 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, from the heart of the stalk, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large egg, plus
- 1 teaspoon milk, beaten
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning (recommend Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 1 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put ground beef into a big bowl.
- Put onion and celery into a food processor.
- Cut the bell pepper in half, rip out the seeds and throw them into your garbage bowl.
- Cut the pepper into a few pieces and add to the food processor.
- Pulse the processor blades to finely chop the vegetables into very small pieces then add them to the meat bowl.
- Add egg, beaten with milk, bread crumbs and grill seasoning to the bowl.
- Next, mix together the smoky barbecue sauce, the salsa and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour half the sauce mixture into the bowl with the meatloaf mix.
- Mix the meatloaf together with your hands.
- Wash up.
- Brush a 12-muffin tin (1/2-cup each) with vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil.
- Use an ice cream scoop to help you fill meat into a each tin.
- Top each meat loaf with a spoonful of extra sauce.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
- Cut open 1 muffin to test that the middle is cooked through.