Recipe by jovigirl
This is a really great, different way to serve meatloaf and the flavors are really great! I got this from Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals. We really loved it!
Top Review by Bloodwyn
Not much to say about this recp other than what's been said. They are delicious. My SO craves them from time to time. I minus out the salsa because we didn't care for the flavor after tasting the first time without. If you go on the Food Network site, there is smashed potatoes recp that goes with this from Ray's show. I was a a staunch gravy person until I had those. Very good together.
- 1 2⁄3-1 3⁄4 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, from the heart of the stalk, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large egg, plus
- 1 teaspoon milk, beaten
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning (recommend Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 1 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put ground beef into a big bowl.
- Put onion and celery into a food processor.
- Cut the bell pepper in half, rip out the seeds and throw them into your garbage bowl.
- Cut the pepper into a few pieces and add to the food processor.
- Pulse the processor blades to finely chop the vegetables into very small pieces then add them to the meat bowl.
- Add egg, beaten with milk, bread crumbs and grill seasoning to the bowl.
- Next, mix together the smoky barbecue sauce, the salsa and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour half the sauce mixture into the bowl with the meatloaf mix.
- Mix the meatloaf together with your hands.
- Wash up.
- Brush a 12-muffin tin (1/2-cup each) with vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil.
- Use an ice cream scoop to help you fill meat into a each tin.
- Top each meat loaf with a spoonful of extra sauce.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
- Cut open 1 muffin to test that the middle is cooked through.