Recipe by littleturtle
Easy, moist and delicious, and the leftovers make good sandwiches. Great for picky eaters as you can add to or leave things out of each.
Top Review by AprilShowers
Followed the recipe exactly only I doubled it to use up the whole pound of ground beef I had on hand. didn't have the onion, so I left that out. Used Worcestershire in place of the Watkins, because I didn't have that either. Did add the cheese and tomato sauce and would not recommend leaving that out! We did not like these plain, but when topped with Ketchup the kids gobbled them down! I served with mashed potatoes and peas & carrots which made for a good weekday lunch for my kids & I.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes or 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon watkins meat magic flavor enhancer
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup crushed cracker
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ounces tomato sauce (optional)
- 2 ounces cheese, shredded (1/2 cup) (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper