Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy, moist and delicious, and the leftovers make good sandwiches. Great for picky eaters as you can add to or leave things out of each.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes or 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon watkins meat magic flavor enhancer
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup crushed cracker
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ounces tomato sauce (optional)
- 2 ounces cheese, shredded (1/2 cup) (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Generously fill each section of the muffin tin with meat mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and serve.
Followed the recipe exactly only I doubled it to use up the whole pound of ground beef I had on hand. didn't have the onion, so I left that out. Used Worcestershire in place of the Watkins, because I didn't have that either. Did add the cheese and tomato sauce and would not recommend leaving that out! We did not like these plain, but when topped with Ketchup the kids gobbled them down! I served with mashed potatoes and peas & carrots which made for a good weekday lunch for my kids & I.
These were really good. I used italian breadcrumbs and marinara sauce for the tomato sauce. I had never thought about making meatloaf in muffin tins. It makes a nice size serving that way, but you don't over eat. I baked according to the recipe, but next time will add a bit of time to the baking time because we like the outside crisp. Thanks!
Perfect meatloaf recipe if you just need individual servings! I doubled it to use the 1 lb ground beef I had on hand and froze the leftovers, which reheated very well! I used garlic & herb Prego that I had left over for the tomato sauce and didn't put any cheese in. It made 11 "muffins" for me, but I didn't fill them all the way! Thanks littleturtle this was great :)