Recipe by CountryLady
Another good one from Toronto Chef Michael Bonacini. Not your ordinary meat loaf, its great with his Macaroni & Cheese and a green vegetable for a "retro" dinner!!!!
Top Review by Derf
Now this was a neat way to do meatloaf!! I made the whole recipe (there are just two of us) we ate three of them and I froze the rest for future reference. They will be very handy in the freezer. I added a couple of cloves of garlic, smashed and was quite generous with the hot sauce. Excellent taste and nice presentation. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- barbecue sauce, for glaze
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl& mix until well blended- do not over mix.
- Place a 2 inch wide parchment strip across each mould of the muffin tin, coming up from each side by about 2 inches.
- This will be used for unmoulding after they are cooked.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, generously fill each section of the muffin tin with meat, rounding the top to obtain a muffin shape.
- Brush with BBQ sauce& bake in a preheated 350F oven for 15- 20 mins (or until meat thermometer reaches 160F), brushing occasionally with more BBQ sauce.