Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another good one from Toronto Chef Michael Bonacini. Not your ordinary meat loaf, its great with his Macaroni & Cheese and a green vegetable for a "retro" dinner!!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- barbecue sauce, for glaze
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl& mix until well blended- do not over mix.
- Place a 2 inch wide parchment strip across each mould of the muffin tin, coming up from each side by about 2 inches.
- This will be used for unmoulding after they are cooked.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, generously fill each section of the muffin tin with meat, rounding the top to obtain a muffin shape.
- Brush with BBQ sauce& bake in a preheated 350F oven for 15- 20 mins (or until meat thermometer reaches 160F), brushing occasionally with more BBQ sauce.
Now this was a neat way to do meatloaf!! I made the whole recipe (there are just two of us) we ate three of them and I froze the rest for future reference. They will be very handy in the freezer. I added a couple of cloves of garlic, smashed and was quite generous with the hot sauce. Excellent taste and nice presentation. Thanks for sharing.
These have been great to have in the freezer for my toddler. He eats them up and are perfect size for him! Thanks for posting; so glad I gave them a try! Will make again once he eats them all up.
Not sure what I did wrong but these turned out fairly soggy. The taste was great. The only thing I left out was parsley as I had none. Maybe I needed to replace that with some other cut veggies. Also I used 80/20 beef. No idea.