Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this from the Laura's beef site. It's the only ground beef that I buy and have always had really good luck with it. These little meatloaves are perfect. This says that it serves 6, but with a side salad and some green peas, my son and I were only able to eat 1 1/2 each before we were full. Turns out to be even better on a sandwich with some lettuce and mushrooms.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs 96% lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce, divided
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- basil (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine ground beef, onion, green pepper, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning and 3/4 cup marinara sauce in a large bowl.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each tin 2/3 full with meatloaf mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Top with remaining 3/4 cup marinara sauce and bake 5 more minutes. Top with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if desired.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.