Yummy!! Hubby and I both grew up hating meatloaf -- the ones our Moms made and even the ones Grandma made too. I came across this recipe on Food Network and it looked cute how they were made in muffin tins. I thought okay, I gotta give this a try, so I tweaked it a bit to make it my own and to fit to what we like and it is absolutely delicious. I don't have children, but I went to a family friend's house and I cooked this for three young kids. They all gobbled it right up and wanted more even. Good thing I had another muffin tin staying warm in the oven. :)
- Throw onions, celery, and bell pepper in a food processor and finely chop. If you don't have a food processor, chop them really small with a knife.
- Mix barbecue sauce, salsa and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl, divide it into halves.
- In a big bowl put beef, chopped vegetables, egg, bread crumbs, McCormick grill seasoning, and one half of the barbecue sauce mixture.
- Mash everything up with your hands.
- Grease the muffin pans; I use extra virgin olive oil (EVOO).
- Use a big spoon or an ice cream scooper to scoop meatloaf mixture into each tin.
- Top the meatloaves with a spoonful of the remaining barbecue sauce mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 450 degree Fahrneheit oven.
- Note: Makes about 12-16 muffins. It depends on how big you want each of them to be; the bigger you make them the less you'll have.