Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My kids love these.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups breadcrumbs or 2 cups cracker crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- Grease a 12 muffin pan.
- Combine ground beef, bread or cracker crumbs, milk, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Pack meat mixture into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Mix brown sugar and ketchup. After 20 minutes of baking, spoon 2 teaspoons on top of each muffin. Continue baking remaining 20 minutes.
What a great idea! My toddler actually ate her meat tonight, yay!!! She loved her "meat muffins" and even asked for more right before bed. That Never happens. I added 1/2 tsp Sweet Hungarian Paprika, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 2 carrots shredded (1.5 cups maybe) which stretched the 1 lb of ground beef I made to 12 muffins. Made with cheesy rice and broccoli #307726. Bravo, busymommybee
I used a meatloaf mix made with dehydrated onions, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, was outstanding!!! I also used panko bread crumbs because that is what I had.
I sprayed my pampered chef stoneware muffin pan with my kitchen spritzer, and they came right out, without any problems. My family loved it!!
Totally awesome! My very picky 6 year old daughter, who doesn't like meatloaf, loves these! Thanks so much for sharing :)