Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lovingly referred to as "meat muffins" for short, this little experiment has become a family favorite.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bag cheese crackers, crushed
- 1 1⁄3 cups barbecue sauce
- barbecue sauce
- 12 cupcake liners, foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add one muffin liner to each cup of the muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, eggs, and barbeque sauce.
- Add chopped green pepper and onion.
- Add crushed cheese crackers.
- When everything is mixed together well, form meatloaf mixture into 12 even balls and drop into muffin liners. (If you do not have muffin liners, non-stick spray in the muffin pan cups will also work.).
- With a spatula or pastry brush, coat the tops of each muffin with barbeque sauce.
- Bake meatloaf muffins for 20-30 minutes, or until done.
- Serve and enjoy!
would have liked to seen a picture with this recipe! sounds great!