Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A different twist to meatloaf - made in muffin tins and baked with a crust underneath. I haven't personally tried this yet, but will when the urge for meatloaf hits. Recipe found on the internet.
- 16 -18 slices bread
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients well except for bread slices and set aside.
- Trim crusts off bread and butter one side.
- Place slices butter side down in muffin tins and shape.
- Fill with meat mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Im sorry to say that this recipe didnt really work out too well. The bread underneath ended up being quite soggy and mushy, and did not hold on to the meat at all..rather just sadly layed in the pan all mushy. :-( The meatloaf was ok, but really lacked in flavor. I used homemade cream of mushroom soup as I find the canned ones to lack flavor and substance, but the homemade version is comparable and works the same as the canned version. I hope that this works out for you once you try it. Im sorry to say that it wasnt at hit :-( I will try again in the future.