Recipe by AndreaVT96
A Weight Watcher recipe I obtained off a message board at www.dwlz.com Each mini meatloaf has about 1.5 pts. if you use ground turkey or extremely lean ground beef (the 93% or 95% lean kind). If you use a regular ground beef, your points will of course be higher. You can also use 1/2 cup celery and 1/2 cup onion instead of the whole cup of celery. Traditionalists will of course want to add some extra ketchup to the tops of the mini-meatloaves.
Top Review by ClarkeCC
Wow a great easy comfort food recipe! A definite keeper for the regular rotation. I used lean ground turkey instead of beef, and I made a batch with veggie crumbles for my vegetarian daughter. Also, I added one or two tbs of A-1 steak sauce, which added a little zing.
- 1 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (or very lean ground beef)
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Prepare a muffin pan (12 muffins) with nonfat cooking spray.
- Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Sauté bell peppers and celery until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. When the peppers and celery are done, stir into meat mixture.
- Divide meat evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until done.