Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe requires no chopping, so it's quick and easy to make a double batch and have extras for another day. They're great to give to new moms, too.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 -4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups Crispix cereal, crushed
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Remove 1/2 cup for topping; set aside. Add eggs, Worcestershire sauce, cereal and seasonings to remaining ketchup mixture; mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes. Crumble beef over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Press meat mixture into 18 muffin cups (about 1/3 cup each). Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes. Drizzle with reserved ketchup mixture; bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve desired number of meat loaves. Cool remaining loaves; freeze. Transfer to freezer bags; freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen meat loaves: Completely thaw in the refrigerator. Place loaves in a greased baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through, or cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through.
As with most new recipes, I tried to follow the instructions precisely. The only change I made was to use Wheat Chex instead of Crispix. These meatloaf minis turned out great and my family raved about them. They weren't as dry as regular meat loaf. The half cup of reserved ketchup sauce was a bit too much as I didn't need about half of it and disposed of it. I have to admit I was worried it would be too sweet with the ketchup, brown sugar and sweetened cereal, but it was just fine.