Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family's favorite "leftover" recipe that will give you two different dinners in one. First you will have a killer meatloaf, and then you will have killer meatballs. Keep in mind that you will need leftover meatloaf to make your meatballs, so if you are serving a large family I suggest upping the amounts. This is my first recipe posting so please give it a try and tell me what you think.
- 1 lb meatloaf mix (ground beef, pork, and veal)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Prehead oven to 375 degrees (F).
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (I prefer to use my stand up mixer).
- Form into a loaf and place in a greased loaf pan or glass baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Enjoy your meatloaf.
- Cut the leftovers up into one inch cubes and place in a pot of your favorite tomato sauce.
- Refridgerate overnight.
- Cook your "meatloaf meatballs" on low heat for 1 1/2 - 2 hours and serve over pasta.