Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If I can't have a cold meatloaf sandwich, this is my next most favorite way to use up the leftovers however much you have, adjust to that. We like it with mashed potatoes and buttered corn.
- leftover meatloaf, sliced
- 1 -2 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Italian breadcrumbs
- butter or margarine (for frying)
- favorite spaghetti sauce, in a jar
- Dip meatloaf slices into mixture of egg and milk.
- Coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry in melted butter/margarine til golden brown.
- Reduce heat to low and cover browned slices with sauce.
- Simmer til sauce is warm.
- Great served with mashed potatoes and the sauce as the gravy.
We have a winner !!!!!!!!!!
If this isn't just one of those "perfect recipes" as well! Simple, fast, children love it and beg for 2nds, and on top of it all it tastes wonderful!
i leave the pasta sauce off. And serve it with some veggies or a salad.