Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 3⁄4 lb lean beef
- 1⁄2 lb turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 ounces college inn chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients except vegetable oil spray and ketchup in a large bowl until just blended.
- Pack mixture into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Spread ketchup over top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until meatloaf registers 160°F.
- Let loaf stand in pan for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Very tasty meat loaf recipe. I used 1 lb of ground beef and 1 lb of sausage meat. For the topping I used more ketchup and added some brown sugar. Served with mashed potatoes and peas and carrots. Yummm!
Very good Meat loaf, used ground turkey instead of beef and 1/2 pound of sausage. Added a little brown sugar and mustard to the ketchup for the topping, make a good pungent flavor. Thank you for posting the recipe.
This was good and I don't understand the previous comment. This recipe seems low-carb to me.